Friday, February 13, 2009

Facebook Frenzie

Facebook- the new gossip girl. I must say I have a facebook account and I check often, not religiously, but often. I think it's a great way to stay somewhat connected to my friends, especially those out of state. People's lives are constantly changing and so are their facebook pages so its very easy to be up to date on everyone. However i do think its a little crazy how fast things can spread using facebook, that's why I call it the new gossip girl. Info on a facebook page one day can be a disaster the next. For example a buddy of mine jokingly wrote on my wall saying that I was engaged, the next day people who I hardly talk to in person but are facebook friends where all in a hissy fit. That's when I realized that ANYONE could be looking at my profile at any moment, friends, family, acquaintances and probably strangers. From then on I have tried to keep all the information on the page viewer neutral so it doesn't matter who sees it.

No comments: